The Natural Spool Manager – is a comprehensive spool management package for the Natural/Adabas mainframe environment.
NIMSPOOL is a purpose built application for the Natural and ADABAS environments. NIMSPOOL is designed to make full use of the sub-tasking and memory management capabilities of z/OS like operating systems, whilst interposing a minimum of overhead between NATURAL application and the system. Typically NIMSPOOL is used to capture reports from online and batch Natural applications and store them in a compressed form in an ADABAS database. Through the NIMSPOOL API almost any application can send reports to the NIMSPOOL repository.
NIMSPOOL has been designed to provide the following functionality:
- Sophisticated report distribution to mainframe and Network connected printers
- Reports are stored in a highly compressed form in the ADABAS database, saving significant amounts of space
- Run under the NIM TP Monitor in a z/OS, z/OSe, MSP/EX or similar environment
- Comprehensive online report management system, written in the Natural 4GL
- Reports can be reprinted any number of times as they are stored in the permanent ADABAS spool files
- Maintenance facilities automatically purge old expired reports
- Reduced resource overhead, NIM will consume less than 5% of the CPU used by NATURAL sessions.
- Minimal support required, typically no dedicated support responsibility is required.
- Ease of Use, NIM’s logical and convenient DBA interface means simple installation, minimum training and quick response to environment changes.
- System Performance, NIM’s powerful monitoring and control facilities orivde an opportunity for easy system tuning, improve resource utilization and cut response times.
- Stability — The elegant and logical architecture means an exceedingly stable, low maintenance product.
- Economics — The value of NIM in the areas of processing efficiency and reduced support costs guarantees return on investment within a brief period of time, often less than six months.