Simple, efficient verification of logical integrity.
DBAUDIT is a flexible utility that facilitates quick and accurate verification of the logical integrity of an ADABAS database.
DBAUDIT scans a nominated ADASAV backup (thereby avoiding any impact upon production databases) and applies user-supplied verification criteria. Output can be either reports or files containing full details of any database integrity violations, as well as optional control totals and counts.
DBAUDIT uses a simple but powerful SQL-like command language that allows the DBA or developer to specify verification rules without the need to write programs.
DBAUDIT’s verification rules may be:
- inter-file (referential integrity);
- intra-file; or
- Only a single pass of the entire ADASAV backup is required – and only those volumes containing relevant data are analyzed.
- Using a backup as input reduces the load on the database and eliminates disk drive contention.
- CPU usage and elapsed time are minimized due to DBAUDIT’s avoidance of ADABAS calls. Extremely efficient parallel
- I/O and manipulation algorithms are used to map, decompress and process data.
- Complex verification rules can be easily constructed without the need for special programs.
- Flexible control over output, including media and/or reporting content.
DBAUDIT provides unparalleled utility and ease-of-use in the search for application integrity.